Things are blooming and growing around here! My basil plants - I have many because I love it - are thriving. We have had lots of rain and it seems that the plants are loving it.
In honor of strawberry week, I'm listing some of my favorite uses of this amazing, flavorful, and juicy fruit! As I mentioned, I really love the month of June for the delicious strawberries but I will also admit that, like Heather, I buy them throughout the summer.
10 Favorite Uses of Strawberries (in no particular order):
1. Strawberry Lemonade
2. Homemade Strawberry Icecream
3. Strawberry Shortcake
4. Vanilla Cheesecake w/Strawberries
5. The Red Stripes on a 4th of July Dessert
6. A Juicy & Delicious Side Dish - in a Fruit Salad, on a Fruit Platter or alone
7. In Salad w/Balsamic Dressing and Candied Pecans
8. Macerated w/Balsamic Vinegar & Sugar on Vanilla Icecream
9. Strawberry Pie
10. Dipping in Chocolate Fondue
My older boys are turning 5 and had their birthday party (definitely a happening in my kitchen of late!). So this fruit platter was one of the pirate-themed creations. The strawberries were the first to go!
This salad is a favorite:
Salt & Pepper to taste
Balsamic Vinagrette Sweetened w/Honey
Perhaps you will find inspiration to try something new with strawberries or perhaps you will share a favorite use of strawberries with us!
Love all the strawberry recipe ideas!! :-D Thanks!!ReplyDelete